Sunday, August 9, 2009

Soulful Southern Fried Chickn

Yummmm! What could be more soulful than Southern Fried Chickn? Homemade Southern Fried Chickin I bet! I had almost expired buttermilk and I didn't want to waste it... So, I thought about fried chicken. Simple to marinade, easy to fry, satisying to eat!
It's been few months since I use Cornish Hens instead of Hormone Added- Huge chicken... And I don't want to go back using the humongous whole chicken because I just don't think it's natural.
So for this recipe, I use 2 Cornish Hens.

Here's the simple ingredients:
  • 2 whole Cornish Hens (Cut 8 part/ chicken)
  • 1/2 gallon buttermilk
  • 3-4 tbsp salt
  • 3 tbsp pepper
  • 3 tbsp paprika
  • 2 tbsp garlic powder
  • 3 cups all purpose flour, seasoned with S+P

The steps:
1. Combine buttermilk, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder for marinade.
2. Put the chicken into the buttermilk pool and refrigerate for 2 days! Yes, 2 days!
3. Preheat deepfyrer 325F
4. After 2 days, coat the chicken with flour mixture. Not to thick...
5. Fry for 20-25 min.

The skin is super crunchy outside (It's like KFC fried chicken skin!) and the meat inside is SUPER moist and juicy! (Not kidding!)
Even the breast is soooo moist. And the meat is really flavorful. All that marinade soaks into the chickn! You've got to try this whenever u're just craving for a GOOD fried chicken!

My husband and I ate almost all of them! Oh btw, we are going to HAWAII for our real honeymoon this Tuesday! I'm SUPER EXCITED! Aloha, here we come!
I'm gonna post the pictures of all the food that I ate there! I'm sorry if you drool from here....

Mahalo everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment