Sunday, August 23, 2009

Food and more food in Hawaii

Aloha! Good to be back from Hawaii! Not that it isn't a nice place... But home always makes you feel better, right? Obviously from the title, we ATE A WHOLE LOT in Hawaii. My hubby and I particularly went to Oahu, HI for our honeymoon for 6 days. I tell ya... Our stomachs digest a lot of food during that 6 days! Hawaii has GREAT food and I can say it's more expensive than our regular eating out price here... But hey! It's vacation!
I took some food photos while we were there and I hope I can make you droll and want to visit Hawaii and want to gain 10 pounds!

Here we go...

This is OXtail Ramen in Waikiki @ Ramen Nakamura. I thought it was okay because the soup base was a little bit to salty... Have to wait in line for 30-40 min.

@Curry House in Ala Moana Food Court. You can choose a VARIETY of things to go with the curry, such as takoyaki, katsu, squid, etc...! Mine is gyoza and chicken karage curry. Big portion!

Kapiolani Community College Saturday's Farmers Market. A lot of fresh and local food. Great walk for saturday morning! We tried this ginger pineapple drink... Not bad!

Famous shrimp truck in the North Shore... It's a simple garlic and butter shrimp with rice. I think it has nice flavors but we think it's a bit over priced and over rated. But hey, it's vacation!


@ North Shore again! We passed by this small road and saw a LONGGGG line for this shave ice. Okay, we've got to try Matsumoto Shaved Ice! It's good for a cup of shaved ice and tons of sugar syrups poured into the ice.... Plus the condensed milk!


You've gotta visit Dole Pineapple Plantation in Oahu right? Except you do have to PAY to taste the pineapple! Although I have to say the pineapple in Hawaii is SUPER sweet!!! We tried the famous Pineapple float( pineapple juice and pineapple whip- it's like ice cream) inside the pineapple souvenir thingy!

It's the famous restaurant that everybody goes because Anthony Bourdain went there! Yes, it's ONO Hawaiian Restaurant! Sadly, we thought the food was just ok! The flavor didn't have the PUNCH that we super highly expected!

Yes, it's the famous food in Hawaii! SPAM! This was our breakfast in a small "local cafe" close by our hotel and we enjoyed this breakfast very much! It's spam with 2 sunny side up eggs and rice. What a powerful meal to start the day!

This is the REAL DEAL! I mean.... This is probably one of the best food we ate there. I know it's just charsiu ramen and chicken teriyaki with rice and egg. But this is excellent food at it's best! It's in the Ala Moana Shopping Center and the restaurant called GOMA TEI. Most of the stuff on ther menu are ramen. So I decided to try thier charsiu ramen. Man.... It's probably the best ramen I've EVER had! The soup was flavorful... The meat is just falling apart with a bonus of pork fat! It's just soooo good! And my hubby ordered chicken teriyaki! It's superb too! He said the rice is sooo fragrant and the chicken is just seasoned perfectly. And the egg, of course, makes this meal complete. You HAVE to come to this restaurant whenever u're in Hawaii!


Well this is a MUST try food in Hawaii too... PUKA DOG! The hotdog was put inside of a crispy "hole" bun and with condiments like garlic sauce, pineapple relish, guava mustard, it makes puka dog just perfect! YUM!


L&L!Yes! We don't have this in Atlanta so I'm so craving for this Hawaiian fastfood chain restaurant! This is the first thing that we ate after we arrived in Hawaii and we were just starvinggggg! I ate LOCO MOCO! It's gonna sound wierd but it's good! Its rice, hamburger patty, fried egg, gravy, and macaroni salad on the side! Perfection! Someone is going to say gross over this! hahaha! And my hubby ate the MEAT combo, which has grilled barbecued chicken, short ribs, and thinly sliced beef. With macaroni salad on the side of course..

We enjoyed the food so much and I feel I ate so much meat in Hawaii that I crave for salad! All in all, it was a great honeymoon and a very relaxing vacation... Hope we'll go some other place next year (or next month... hehehe) and we'll be pigging out again!
In a mean while, I'll write more delicious recipes from my kitchin!
Have a great week everybody....


3 comments:

  1. Wheee.. the food look sooo good esp. those charsiu ramen... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. let me guess.....you ordered ramen and edo ordered the rice + rice + rice with 1 portion of chicken teriyaki. haha

    ReplyDelete