Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A delicious come back- Bacon, swiss cheese, and spinach quiche


Hello helloooo! Gosh, it's been over a month since I wrote my last blog! I was busy "training" at Chocolate Pink and now I'm taking a break from it... So now, having a lot of free time at home, I'm gonna be making and testing a lot of recipes for my blog! Weeee...

So today, for a delicious comeback, I'm gonna share a delicious recipe. This quiche has been always everybody's favorite every time I make it. A definitely must try recipe! It's great for breakfast/ brunch. My husband loves it for a Saturday late breakfast with a glass of Mimosa...


The mise en place:
-Bowls
-Whisk
-Pan for crisping the bacon

The simple ingredients:
  • 6 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
  • A pinch of salt and pepper (not a lot of salt bcos bacon is already salty)
  • 2 cups of fresh baby spinach
  • 1 lb bacon
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese (Swiss cheese is not salty, but it's kinda sweet and chewy)
  • 1 frozen 9in. pie crust
The simple steps:
Preheat 375F oven
1. Cut up the bacon into small strips and crisp them up in a pan.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, cream, salt and pepper, and swiss cheese.
3. After the bacon is crisp, put them on bed of paper towel so it will absorb the excess fat. And then, with a LITTLE bit of extra bacon fat on the pan, sautee the spinach just until it wilts down (about 1 min.) If you have extra bacon fat, you can save it and use it for other uses, such as making bacon fried rice! It's the best!
4. Put the bacon and spinach into the bowl. Before you put the spinach in, make sure you kind of press the spinach to get rid off some excess water.
5. Whisk it all together and put them in the pie crust.
6. Bake for 45 min. or until the quiche is not jiggly anymore and the crust and the top are nice and brown.

I've been making this quiche probably more than 10 times and it never fails! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. yay! I tasted it! It's so gooooooOOOOddd! I couldn't stop eating nita's quiche. I could probably finish the whole quiche by myself! I want more please ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'ma try to make it for our next GOL 'Girls Only' night out at my house!

    ReplyDelete