Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Peanut butter Swirly Brownies


My first post of this food blog! Weeeeee
Yesterday my girlfriend, Tiffy and I were trying out this recipe from the "The art and soul of Baking" book called Peanut Butter and Chocolate Marble Brownies. Yummm!
For those who like peanut butter and chocolate, this is an easy and delicious recipe!

Here, here the ingredients:
  • 5oz. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (I always use Ghirardelli baking chocolate, it's the best!)
  • 1 stick (4oz.) of butter, at room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (I use JIF, but you are welcome to use your favorite peanut butter).
  • 3 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp of rhum, optional (I always put rhum in any dessert!)
  • 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp of baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp of salt
  • 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, optional (I didn't use it in my brownies)

Here's the steps:
1. Preheat oven 350F. Spray a 13x9 pan with non stick spray.
2. Cream the butter and brown sugar together in med high speed for 5 min. or until they are light in color. In a mean while, prepare the chocolate and flour mixture.
3. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler (here's a definition of double boiler just in case if you don't know what it is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_boiler)
4. Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder together.
5. After the butter mixture is done, add the peanut butter and mix at med high for 30 secs.
6. Crack the eggs with fork to blend and witht he mixer running med speed, add the eggs one tablespoon at a time. Add the vanilla. Scrape the bowl (It's very important to scrape the bowl because you want to make sure everything is well blended).
7. At the lowest speed, add your flour mixture all at once just until combined. Scrape again.
8. Stir half of the peanut butter mixture into the melted chocolate.
9. Pour the rest of peanut butter mixture into the prepared pan. And then on top, add the chocolate mixture. And then swirl the two mixtures together with a fork or small pairing knife.
10. Bake it in the oven for 30-40 min. (Yesterday it took me only 30 min)

After it came out from the oven, we just can't resist to try it. Tiffy ate it with french vanilla ice cream! mmmhhh.. Super good!
A glass of milk wouldn't hurt either...
So hopefully you droll by now and you want to try out this recipe and eat it yourself or just share with your lovely ones.

I can't believe I enjoy writing this food blog as much as I am trying out new recipes!
Let me know if you have any questions or comments...




3 comments:

  1. Yay yay yay brownies!!! i love em

    ReplyDelete
  2. sinful dessert....oh nooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooh yummy!!!! I will definitely have to try these! You can't go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter! just keep in mind you know where I work and I am always a willing taste tester! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete